St. Petersburg (February 25, 2022) – INDYCAR and Motorsport Community currently declared the critical conclusions of the 2022 World-wide INDYCAR Admirer Survey. Introduced in January, the World INDYCAR Enthusiast Study was commissioned by INDYCAR, hosted by Motorsport Community, and analyzed by Nielsen Sports activities, the global info, details, and measurement authorities. Executed in 11 languages throughout the Motorsport.com platform and receiving responses from over 53,000 followers in 147 international locations, the study disclosed that INDYCAR has maintained a faithful and approving fanbase although expanding its ranks among more youthful and additional varied demographics in new several years.
Unsurprisingly, even though the U.S. comprised 56% of the survey responses, the prime 5 nations around the world also bundled France, the U.K., Japan, and Canada, suggesting advancement in desire internationally for the NTT INDYCAR Collection. This advancement reflects an increasing and additional diverse viewers, highlighted by 37% of respondents underneath 35 a long time of age and 12.2% of respondents figuring out as woman. This is the 2nd-greatest feminine participation fee for a study fielded by Motorsport Community of a world racing collection.
“INDYCAR is rising – at a historic and fast speed,” reported Mark Miles, President, and CEO of Penske Enjoyment Corporation. “Our product or service is seen as aggressive and remarkable, and just as we’ve attracted new and gifted motorists to our subject, we have also noticed admirable results in attracting new devotees to our ranks. As we embark upon a consequential and marquee 12 months for INDYCAR, we’re tremendously encouraged by the picture the International INDYCAR Supporter Survey supplies and stay self-assured that the upcoming is brilliant for the NTT INDYCAR Collection and its stars.”
All round fan approval of the racing product or service is very high. INDYCAR’s prime 5 characteristics, as mirrored by the study, are: “competitive,” “exciting,” “entertaining,” “growing” and “dangerous,” with around 80% of the respondents viewing INDYCAR as “competitive.”
Findings from the Motorsport Community INDYCAR Global Supporter Survey suggest fans want to enjoy races live, predominantly on Tv. Most INDYCAR people are now watching races via a blend of cable and streaming platforms, with the latter now surpassing absolutely free-to-air viewing. Paywalls remain a concern of some admirers in unique markets, potentially lowering access to dwell races. Social media has come to be the leading system for non-race weekend articles for all fans and the key resource of all INDYCAR content for these between the under-35 established.
Dependent on survey respondents, esports are ever more related to INDYCAR admirers, with just about fifty percent partaking in gaming weekly. This range rises to 85% among the 16-24-calendar year-olds and 70% amid 25-34-yr-olds, suggesting a strong audience for the future release of an INDYCAR-centric online video match title.
“It has been fascinating to function on this most significant-ever World wide INDYCAR Admirer study and the inescapable summary is that supporters consider that INDYCAR is a collection on its way up,” said James Allen, President of Motorsport Community. “INDYCAR is the pre-eminent solitary-seater racing championship in North The united states, but it has lengthy had a following in other continents because of to popular worldwide drivers racing there. Currently, the intercontinental make-up of the grid is reflected in the study results, with a robust geographical spread outdoors of North The usa. While the series has its faithful followers in the more mature age groups, specially in the U.S., INDYCAR will be learning carefully the information on its new, young, and feminine fans internationally. Thanks to the online and social media providing effortless access to loaded written content, anyone everywhere can become an INDYCAR admirer these days. And gaming and esports are plainly going to engage in a significant function in the upcoming. It will be interesting to see how the trends develop over the next number of yrs.”
Inspite of the COVID pandemic, there is continue to a sturdy want to go to races stay. In excess of 80% of respondents expressed the motivation to attend a race live, although virtually 50% of respondents indicated that they have attended a race dwell in the earlier 5 yrs. One particular of the most important aspects cited as blocking live race attendance is the inability to attend a regional race for supporters, specially outdoors North The united states.
From an ecological standpoint, young fans location bigger relevance on eco-friendly initiatives in motorsport, and when most have been pleased with what INDYCAR is doing to be greener, about 20% of woman lovers believe that INDYCAR ought to be carrying out far more on the sustainability entrance.
“Off the back again of the achievement of the Formula Just one admirer study, it has been a enjoyment to be included in another international motorsport survey with Motorsport Network. Our partnership not only provides attention-grabbing insight on various motorsport disciplines but also actionable enthusiast thoughts that can aid a series mature and evolve in a way that appeals to enthusiasts old and new. I glance forward to operating our subsequent study with Motorsport Network to unearth a lot more insightful thoughts from our vast global motorsport enthusiast base,” claimed Nigel Geach, Senior Vice President, International Motorsport, Nielsen Sports.
The study results have been exposed at the opening spherical of the 2022 NTT INDYCAR Series time these days and included the dimension and demographics of the sport’s viewers, enthusiast disposition and attitudes in direction of the sport, their affinity for INDYCAR races, teams, motorists, and their intake of racing as distant and live audiences.
Supplemental key conclusions from the 2022 INDYCAR World Admirer Study include things like:
Venues and Competition
- The prime 5 most important races for supporters are the Indianapolis 500, Prolonged Beach front, Highway The us, Laguna Seca, and St. Petersburg.
- INDYCAR fans are pleased with the mix of tracks (street, road & oval) and imagine they deliver the greatest examination of a driver’s expertise, and they also experience the sport is much healthier now than 3 a long time back, featuring the correct stability of sport and amusement.
- For the upcoming fans want INDYCAR to:
- Aspect numerous suppliers in critical class spots
- Retain the Indy 500 as a double points function
- Lessen stewarding interference and enable drivers race
- Regulate group working prices and prioritize close racing around technical innovation
- Fans are strongly from altering race formats and exhibit minor hunger for qualifying modifications.
Prime Groups, Drivers, and Races
- Just about 80% of lovers support a number of Teams and Drivers.
- More youthful lovers aged beneath 24 are more very likely to abide by a single driver.
- Lovers in South and Central The united states and Asia-Pacific are additional than twice as possible to adhere to a favorite driver.
- Staff Penske was voted as the all round preferred team with 19% of votes, adopted by Andretti Autosport and Arrow McLaren SP, who were tied at 2nd, every with 17% of votes, to spherical out the leading 3 teams.
- Romain Grosjean was voted the survey’s most preferred INDYCAR driver with 32% of lovers inserting him in their Leading 3 and just about 12% of enthusiasts position him their favourite driver. Pato O’Ward was second with a significantly superior youthful admirer voting and voted range 1 by feminine followers. The 3rd was Helio Castroneves, followed by Scott Dixon. Alexander Rossi was the top rated-ranked U.S. driver who was voted fifth over-all.
- The best 5 most attended races are the Indianapolis 500 (58.8%), Indianapolis Street System (31.3%), Mid Ohio (19.%), Highway The usa (16.8%), and St. Petersburg (15.%)
For the complete study, you can obtain the PDF https://world-indycar-enthusiast-survey-2022.motorsport.com.